Section I: Purpose of the Role
The Japanese Chef is responsible for managing the kitchen staff and running all aspects of the daily operations in Bintan Lagoon Resort’s Japanese outlet, Miyako.
Section II: Primary Responsibilities
- Develop, write, test, update and follow standard recipes.
- Create special menus, suggest alternatives, meet specific guests' requests and interact with guests to meet and exceed their culinary expectations.
- Review and create SOPs.
- Ensure food cost is managed in line with maximizing profit while delivering quality service.
- Train new kitchen team members.
- Maintain clear communications with Head Chef.
- Ensure management of the kitchen efficiently and effectively.
- Relay all guest comments both positive and negative.
- Verify the quality of the product coming into the Kitchen, working with the Head Chef in procurement of the best product for the best price.
- Monitor kitchen operations, especially during peak business periods, working alongside with the other culinary ambassadors and making adjustments when necessary.
- Taste and monitor food products served, providing feedback and adjusting when appropriate.
- Oversees the outlet’s food production and other related services.
Section III: Scoping Factors
People Manager or Individual Contributor : People Manager
Section IV: Key Relationships
- Internal : Chefs, F&B Department and C&C Department
- External : N/A