Section I: Purpose of the Role
The Teppanyaki Cook is responsible for preparing and crafting all Teppanyaki in Bintan Lagoon Resort’s Japanese outlet, Miyako.
Section II: Primary Responsibilities
- Develop, write, test, update and follow standard recipes.
- Create special menus, suggest alternatives, meet specific guests' requests and interact with guests to meet and exceed their culinary expectations.
- Ensure food cost is managed in line with maximizing profit while delivering quality service.
- Train new kitchen team members.
- Maintain clear communications with Head Chef and Outlet Chef.
- Ensure management of the kitchen efficiently and effectively.
- Relay all guest comments both positive and negative.
- Engage with guests.
- Verbally explain processes of history, preparation and cooking techniques to guests while cooking.
- Prepare all Teppanyaki ingredients including starches, vegetables, trimming and cutting of proteins
Section III: Scoping Factors
People Manager or Individual Contributor : People Manager
Section IV: Key Relationships
- Internal : Chefs, F&B Department & C&C Department.
- External : N/A